Full time float Pharmacist -Mid Valley, Eugene, Springfield, OR
Safeway, a division of Albertsons Safeway Inc., is an innovative industry leader in community pharmacy practice. Our professional, state-of-the-art Wellness
From Safeway Corp. 14 days ago
A winter wedding is a fabulous thing. Many brides opt for a winter wedding over a summertime wedding for several reasons. The crisp, sparkly snow outside with a roaring fire inside with lots of candlelight makes for an uber romantic atmosphere. A winter wedding can also give a bride more options for vendors as typically wedding professionals deem the spring and summer months as the peak season and have more open dates in the winter.
Wintertime Wedding Wonder
If you’re planning a winter wedding you might be wondering how you can add your own touch of unique to the festivities.
Give your winter wedding the personal touch by using these 5 great ideas:
1. Bring the outdoors inside – We had a couple that wanted to have a winter wedding that oozed elegance and grace but also brought the outside indoors. We created a tree lined aisle for their nuptials and lit each tree with chilly blue lighting which picked up the sparkles on the icy branches
2. Make your guests feel at home- In the wintertime there’s nothing better than a nice cup of hot chocolate. If you’re a wintertime bride why not make your signature drink a hot one with a Mexican Hot Chocolate (hot chili powder mixed with cinnamon and unsweetened chocolate)
3. Look chic in stylish winter outfits – Wintertime fashion is anyway very elegant and classy. How about making the best use of them at your winter wedding. Imagine yourself looking prettier than ever in a laced dress with the long sleeves and the lovely long gloves. Won’t that make your guests marvel at your beauty? You can of course top it up with a little cute fur hat or cap and big furry boots for picture time. And of course, men always look great in hats in winter.
4. Delicious winter food for your guests – One of the best things about a winter wedding is choices of food available which you can serve at the wedding buffet. Guests love a hot meal sprinkled with aromatic and flavorful herbs such as sage and rosemary in the winters. Whereas in summers you have to wonder what food to serve, winters offer a number of options and choices.
5. Winter Colors- Some people just go with winter white and sometimes venture into blues but with wintertime you can really go into so many deep rich colors. Jewel tones like purples and green are beautiful at this time of year. If you’re going for blue I love a sapphire blue. I think reds this time of year don’t have to be Christmasy but rather deep rich scarlet red and merlots are stunning. I also love all whites, creams, and ivories as a combination.
So the winter is slowly rolling in. It’s the time to plan your perfect winter wedding. Don’t make it harder for your guests by choosing a summertime wedding. They will really thank you and appreciate you for preventing them from going through an ordeal during a hot summertime wedding. The winter wedding will provide them with the perfect opportunity to celebrate your wedding with you.
Calgary’s premiere Wedding Planner , Ciara Daykin specializes in planning weddings in romantic Banff in the Canadian Rockies. Check out pictures of weddings she has planned and sign up for her FREE Wedding Guide
“The Top 10 Tips to Take Your Wedding From Cookie Cutter to Couture”.
Tips To Ensure Your Big Day Is Perfect
You are planning your big day. Tons of time and effort goes into this process and the end result had better be good. So how do you make that happen and still keep your sanity along the way? The answer is quite easy and that is to read along and we will provide some wedding planning tips that can really help anyone to make it to the big day.
Do not forget to learn about how you will handle tax reporting for your business. Reporting taxes for a business is much more complicated than filing taxes for yourself. You might need to hire a tax accountant to sort out what you have to do in the first year that you are filing as a business, just to make sure that it is done correctly.
If you are planning an outdoor wedding you will need to consider the possibility of bad weather. If you do not have a backup plan, this could ruin your wedding and inconvenience all of your guests who are attending. Always prepare for the worst on important occasions.
When the wedding has ended, you will most likely receive gifts from the people who have attended. Make sure that during this time, you and your spouse are together so that you can both show the appreciation that is deserved. Thank everyone regardless of what type of present they give you.
You should try to create a wedding that is extremely personal by having elements which encompass you, your fiance, and the relationship between you two. Think about your time together and find a theme which matches it.
An outdoor wedding has its own natural beauty but you should still check on the place where your wedding will be held right before your wedding. Check to make sure that the grass has been mowed, leaves have been raked, and it is clear of debris. If you notice something that you do not like, make sure it is taken care of before your wedding day.
For the woman who is about to get married, don't skimp on the dress. This is your day to shine, to look the most beautiful you have ever looked before, and to be decorated with unending compliments. So go buy that expensive dress you have always dreamed of wearing on your wedding day.
Skip having guests throw confetti at your wedding as it makes a mess and isn't good for the environment, nor will you like picking it out of your hair. Instead, give your guests a noisemaker with the date of your wedding and your names on it to take home as an inexpensive keepsake.
Make sure that you never plan your bachelor or bachelorette parties the day before the wedding. There may be a lot of drinking at these parties, and the last thing that you will want to do is ruin the day of your wedding because you are not fully functional. Have a calm day right before your wedding.
It is okay to let loose at your wedding reception. Many people take their wedding day too serious and do not remember it is supposed to be a joyous occasion. When this happens, they look back at their special day with unpleasant memories. Laugh with your guests, and dance to upbeat music.
Share your discounts on airline tickets with family and friends who will be attending your destination wedding. If you have Airmiles, see if you can help by purchasing tickets for your family with the reduction in cost thanks to those miles. Ask around with all attendees to see if they can pool their resources and get more discounts!
When picking out your wedding ring, make sure to get one you know you are going to like years down the line. Many people pick a random ring, and later decide that they do not like it. Also, if you are going to get matching bands, make sure both of you like them.
The time has come to plan your wedding. It is the biggest day of your life, and you're putting every drop of energy into the process. You just might lose your sanity along the way, right? Wrong! If you follow the tips we have provided, you can make it to your big day and keep your sanity intact. Take a deep breath and enjoy the ride!