Full time float Pharmacist -Mid Valley, Eugene, Springfield, OR
Safeway, a division of Albertsons Safeway Inc., is an innovative industry leader in community pharmacy practice. Our professional, state-of-the-art Wellness
From Safeway Corp. 14 days ago
A winter wedding is a fabulous thing. Many brides opt for a winter wedding over a summertime wedding for several reasons. The crisp, sparkly snow outside with a roaring fire inside with lots of candlelight makes for an uber romantic atmosphere. A winter wedding can also give a bride more options for vendors as typically wedding professionals deem the spring and summer months as the peak season and have more open dates in the winter.
Wintertime Wedding Wonder
If you’re planning a winter wedding you might be wondering how you can add your own touch of unique to the festivities.
Give your winter wedding the personal touch by using these 5 great ideas:
1. Bring the outdoors inside – We had a couple that wanted to have a winter wedding that oozed elegance and grace but also brought the outside indoors. We created a tree lined aisle for their nuptials and lit each tree with chilly blue lighting which picked up the sparkles on the icy branches
2. Make your guests feel at home- In the wintertime there’s nothing better than a nice cup of hot chocolate. If you’re a wintertime bride why not make your signature drink a hot one with a Mexican Hot Chocolate (hot chili powder mixed with cinnamon and unsweetened chocolate)
3. Look chic in stylish winter outfits – Wintertime fashion is anyway very elegant and classy. How about making the best use of them at your winter wedding. Imagine yourself looking prettier than ever in a laced dress with the long sleeves and the lovely long gloves. Won’t that make your guests marvel at your beauty? You can of course top it up with a little cute fur hat or cap and big furry boots for picture time. And of course, men always look great in hats in winter.
4. Delicious winter food for your guests – One of the best things about a winter wedding is choices of food available which you can serve at the wedding buffet. Guests love a hot meal sprinkled with aromatic and flavorful herbs such as sage and rosemary in the winters. Whereas in summers you have to wonder what food to serve, winters offer a number of options and choices.
5. Winter Colors- Some people just go with winter white and sometimes venture into blues but with wintertime you can really go into so many deep rich colors. Jewel tones like purples and green are beautiful at this time of year. If you’re going for blue I love a sapphire blue. I think reds this time of year don’t have to be Christmasy but rather deep rich scarlet red and merlots are stunning. I also love all whites, creams, and ivories as a combination.
So the winter is slowly rolling in. It’s the time to plan your perfect winter wedding. Don’t make it harder for your guests by choosing a summertime wedding. They will really thank you and appreciate you for preventing them from going through an ordeal during a hot summertime wedding. The winter wedding will provide them with the perfect opportunity to celebrate your wedding with you.
Calgary’s premiere Wedding Planner , Ciara Daykin specializes in planning weddings in romantic Banff in the Canadian Rockies. Check out pictures of weddings she has planned and sign up for her FREE Wedding Guide
“The Top 10 Tips to Take Your Wedding From Cookie Cutter to Couture”.
The Wedding Bells Are Ringing! Use These Tips For Yours!
Many of us have daydreamed about the day when we will walk down the aisle ever since childhood, right down to the gown we will wear, what our hair will look like, and the colors in our bouquet. Wedding planning can be thrilling but without help, it can be overwhelming.
Weddings are one of the more difficult things to plan during the course of your life. Make sure that before your wedding, you are extremely organized so you are in a great position when it comes time to decide on certain questions. This will give you the best opportunity for success.
Remember to consider how you would like the alcohol at your reception served, and how much it will cost. If there is one thing people like more than alcohol, it is free alcohol, and an open bar can quickly become a huge expense, especially the longer it remains open. Check with your venue to find out the alcohol options they have for you to choose from.
If something goes wrong on your wedding day, don't freak out! My cake fell over on the way to my ceremony, and both the best man and woman were unable to attend. In the end, those people are no longer in my life and my new best woman was a cake decorator who was able to fix the cake. It will always work out!
Think of an exotic location for your wedding to make it even more fun and memorable! You could hold your ceremony at a ranch and ride a white horse down the aisle, or have it at a wildlife preserve and have an animal bring the rings down the aisle. I wouldn't recommend choosing a turtle for that job, though!
If you are planning a wedding, consider keeping your guest list on the smaller side. You can save money by having not so many guests. You can show your small number of guests' greater details such as large gift baskets, large meals, and limo services. This can be paid for just by reducing your guest list.
Consider visiting a local park or museum to have your wedding photos taken. It's amazing to have a gorgeous background in your photographs, but sometimes your actual wedding location might not offer such a view. Contact your city's government office to see if you'll need a photography license for the location you choose.
Make sure that after your wedding you send thank-you notes to all of your guests for not only coming to your wedding but for the gifts that they gave to you. This will make them feel special and show that you appreciated them using their time to share your special moment.
If you're going to photograph a wedding, change up your style a few times. Look for angles you might not have shot from before to give the wedding album something unique and different to set it apart from the rest. Go up high or down load, shoot wide angles and tight.
Look around before committing to a photographer. You do not want to have someone taking wedding pictures that you are not pleased with. Look for online reviews to find great photographers.
Try to avoid being sick for your wedding! Up your intake of Vitamin C and eat only healthy items in the weeks leading up to the big day. Stay away from any foods that may cause stomach upset or gas as the last thing you want to do when you're standing at the front of the ceremony is be flatulent!
It is okay to let loose at your wedding reception. Many people take their wedding day too serious and do not remember it is supposed to be a joyous occasion. When this happens, they look back at their special day with unpleasant memories. Laugh with your guests, and dance to upbeat music.
Ensure that everyone coming to your destination wedding, knows exactly what to do and where to go when they get off the plane. Provide them with detailed instructions on how to get to the hotel and then, how to get from the hotel to your wedding location. They should also have help in heading home.
You do not have to be overwhelmed by the thought of planning your wedding once you use the tips you have just read. With the tips from above, you can handle planning your wedding and look forward to your big day.